Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Secret Circle|
|Season 1, Episode 9|
November 10, 2011
FAYE STIRS UP TROUBLE FOR CASSIE AND JAKE
Cassie and Jake look into her father’s side of the family, hoping to discover more about her lineage and why she has powers separate from the Circle. Meanwhile, Adam becomes protective of Cassie when Faye reveals that Jake might be hiding something dangerous from them. At the same time, Adam’s equally concerned when Melissa’s cousin Holden comes to town and catches Diana’s eye. A power shift forms between Charles and Dawn that threatens to destroy their plan.
As Chance Harbor readies for a fundraising event, Cassie is concerned about where her magical power comes from. However grandmother Jane is useless at answering Cassie's question. She even tells Cassie that she'll go talk to Faye's grandfather, Henry until Cassie reminds Jane he was killed. Cassie worries about what happened to Jane's memory.Melissa has returned and she has her cousin with her, a cousin whom Diana takes a liking to. Good thing too, since she and Adam are still on the outs. Faye wants to talk to her mother Dawn about grandfather Henry's death, but Faye is confused when Dawn doesn't seem to be too broken up over it. Faye spots Jake at the clubhouse and confronts him about stealing something from the Circle. He claims that the stone he took belongs to his family and that he was only going to place it on Nick's grave.
Cassie tells Jake that her father died in the fire that took the lives of so many others, so she doesn't know too much about him. She and Jake discover the Blackwell family tree, which reveals that originally, the Blackwells were called the Balcoins. Jake speaks with Isaac and warns him off from outright killing Cassie. Not only does she have black magic powers, but also she's descended from the Balcoins, the source of all black magic.
Isaac says they need to talk to the Council to figure out what to do with Cassie. Cassie wants Jake to be her date at the fundraiser, but he says no. She gets upset because she knows there have to be some feelings between them, but Jake tries to brush it all off.
Faye speaks with Adam about his suspicions about Jake, and they agree to work together to find out his true motives. Cassie attends the fundraiser anyway, and Jake eventually shows up, admitting to their growing feelings for each other Meanwhile, Adam lurks in the background, trying to spy on Jake and Cassie together. Later he spies on a conversation between Jake and Isaac. Isaac tells Jake that they need to kidnap Cassie and then train her to use her black magic as a witch hunter.Adam tells the rest of the Circle that Jake is a witch hunter and after Cassie, but Cassie has already left the party with Jake. Jake explains to Cassie about her ancestors, who were purveyors of dark, evil magic. Jake tries to convince her to skip town completely, but Adam then warns Cassie via text that Jake is a witch hunter Cassie tells Jake that she needs to go home to pack, but Isaac is waiting in her bedroom for her. Meanwhile, Charles appears to be shifting his loyalties as he feels guilty over what he did to Jane. It gets worse when memory-addled Jane starts talking about Dawn's crush on John Blackwell. Jake convinces Adam and Faye that he wants to help Cassie, so they team up to find her. Adam and Faye rescue Cassie as Jake struggles to fight with Isaac. Jake believes that Cassie is strong enough to fight off the dark magic's evil, but Isaac isn't so sure. Besides, Isaac says, Cassie isn't the only child of Blackwell in the Circle.
- Jake: Witches used to separate paper, write messages on the inside, and then put it back together.
- Faye: Remember, you're suppose to keep an eye on Jake, not Diana. You want a drink or something? As long as we're here.
- Adam: Sure. How ‘bout something with an olive?
- Isaac: Cassie Blake is not the only child of Blackwell in the Circle.
- Faye: Jake doesn’t do interested. Him not caring is what makes him him!
- Faye: It’s Cassie, that’s who he cares about.
- Jake: This isn’t me acting like a jerk, Cassie. This is me trying to be nice.
- Cassie: Actually, no. We don’t call it the Scooby-Do magic shack.
- Jake: She matters to me!
|Forget It||Coastal Grooves||Blood Orange||Buy|
|Guilty As Charged||Chairlift|
|Wait||Hurry Up, We're dreaming.||M83||Buy|
|This gallery only shows the official pictures released for the episode your're looking for. A more complete gallery can be found here. Any future additions should be done there.|
Notes and TriviaEdit
- It was stated by Isaac that Cassie has a half-sibling from her father's side in the Circle. The identity of Cassie's half-sibling wasn't revealed until Crystal.
- It is the first time we get to see the Armstrong family's Book of Shadows.
- Jane Blake reveals that Dawn Chamberlain had an obsession with John Blackwell.
- Cassie finally learns about her family's dark magic and the Balcoin bloodline. Thought to be eradicated by Witch Hunters, it was revealed the Balcoins were instead hiding and had changed their name to Blackwell.
- We learn that the Witch Hunters have their own Council similar to Elders.
The Secret Circle Episodes
|Pilot · Bound · Loner · Heather · Slither · Wake · Masked · Beneath · Balcoin · Darkness · Fire/Ice · Witness · Medallion · Valentine · Return · Lucky · Curse · Sacrifice · Crystal · Traitor · Prom · Family|