|The Secret Circle|
|Season 1, Episode 19|
April 19, 2012
THE OTHER BLACKWELL CHILD IS REVEALED
To protect themselves from the Witch Hunters, Jake, Cassie and Faye seek out Jake’s grandfather, Royce, to find his family’s crystal and are confronted with disturbing theories about the events that happened sixteen years ago. Meanwhile, Diana tries to balance her pursuit of the Glaser Crystal with Melissa and Adam with her romantic life with Grant, who demands to know what she’s hiding. At the same time, Callum attempts to re-insert himself into Melissa’s life. Charles and Jane plot their move against Blackwell.
The episode starts off with Faye and Melissa looking for a crystal at Dawn's house. Along the way, Faye finds Dawn's old journal wrapped in a silver ribbon. Faye reads what Dawn wrote down about her romance with John Blackwell: she couldn't keep it from Tom and Amelia. Faye infers Dawn and John Blackwell were secretly hooking up.
Then, Cassie and Diana arrive at the abandoned house where they meet Jake and Adam. Faye and Melissa arrive, with Faye stating that no crystals were at her place. When Diana asks how crystals work, Cassie explains to her what her grandmother told her. When Faye grabs Cassie' crystal, she tries destroying the "ugly vase" with glass spreading all over the room. Everyone tells Faye to stop, but she wont listen until Blackwell comes and stops her, saying, "Don't do that again." Blackwell explains how the crystal is not a toy and is instead dangerous. He then tells them they should try to find the rest of the crystals and split into groups so they can use their circle magic. Cassie teams up with Jake and Faye, while Adam teams up with Diana and Melissa. Jake says his grandfather might have the crystal, and Melissa says she can get into her grandmother's house and see if the crystal is there.
Diana meets up with Grant outside Java Brew. To her surprise, Grant gives her flowers and invites her to the boat for the evening; his captain gave him permission to have it for the whole day. Diana asks Melissa and Adam if they could go without her so she could go with Grant, and they agreed to let her go. Adam then tried to make Australian accent, but Melissa thinks it sounded like Irish.
In the car, Jake asks why Cassie said she is already going with him to Adam. She said that it just felt very hard when she with Adam. Jake told Cassie that he thought the Elixir erased their feelings for each other. Cassie lied that she just felt weird. Faye came back and it was revealed that Callum is following them. At Royce Armstrong's house, the three find all these crazy things about Balcoin/Blackwell Family and Dark Magic. Royce Armstrong came home and saw the three and push the table to the corner to stop them from going anywhere. Jake yelled out that he is his grandson, Royce then realized that it is his grandson, Jake. Royce then explains that his family crystal is hidden in a mine that is spelled so that no witch with dark magic can enter. Jake calls Melissa and tells her where to find the crystal so she heads there with Adam. Cassie and Faye are discussing the possibility that they are sisters when they hear a crash in Royce's house. Callum steals a map and heads to the mine where Melissa and Adam are. Cassie calls Diana and tells her what they've found out and explains that Melissa and Adam could be in danger.
Melissa and Adam find the crystal but as they're leaving the mine they run into Callum. He and Adam start fighting and Callum pulls out a gun. Then Diana pulls up and hears the gun shot. That's when Cassie, Faye, and Jake get to the mine. Cassie realizes she can't get in so she waits for them at the door. Diana walks up as Jake and Adam pull Callum out of the mine. They mark him and tell him to leave Chance Harbor and for him to never come back. Diana rushes home and doesn't stay to help Adam and Melissa get home. Cassie follows her and they go to her room. They argue and Diana yells at Cassie, "I was there in time. I heard the gunshot! I just couldn't get in. I couldn't get in, I tried, but when I stepped inside it, I felt like my lungs were going to explode. I couldn't breath and I could barely have enough air to gag, so don't tell me what I did and didn't do." Cassie then uncovers the most shocking secret the circle has come across so far. "The mine was spelled. That's why you couldn't get in. That's why I couldn't get in. Oh my god... it's true ... it's you. You're the other Blackwell in the Circle. You're my sister." The Other Blackwell Child is revealed.
- Faye: "I can't believe I just rifled my mom's underwear drawer. No one that old should have that many thongs."
- Faye: "A journal tied with an actual ribbon. If you leave something like this lying around you're just begging for it to be read."
- Jake: "He’s a bottom feeder who just wants our power." (about Callum)
- Melissa: "I guess my taste in guys has hit a new low I never imagined possible."
- Faye: "Well, she practiced writing 'Dawn Blackwell' about a thousand times. Let’s just say the rest was rated NC-17." (about her mother)
- Jake: "It’s a conspiracy wall -- a hall of fame conspiracy wall from Salem to Satan and a lot of weird crap in between."
- Royce Armstrong: "What Blackwell really wanted from the circle was the children."
- Cassie: "Fine. I was on the brink of death when my dark magic kicked in. Diana's grandmother was burying me alive at the time, so if you want, I can give her a call, and you can test it out."
- John: "Charles! Still a ladies’ man, I see. And by that, I mean hiding behind them."
- John: "Faye, you're not alone. I may not be your father, but I'm here, too."
- Diana: "I was there in time. I heard the gunshot! I just couldn't get in. I couldn't get in--I tried--but when I stepped inside it, I felt like my lungs were going to explode. I couldn't breath, and I could barely have enough air to gag, so don't tell me what I did and didn't do."
- Cassie: "The mine was spelled. That's why you couldn't get in. That's why I couldn't get in. Oh my god... it's true--it's you. You're the other Blackwell in the Circle. You're my sister." (to Diana)
|The Sun||Passive Me Aggressive You||The Naked and The Famous||Buy|
|Gold||Tim Capsules II||Oberhofer||Buy|
|Like A Cigarette||Sunshine Blues||The Wildbirds||Buy|
|Strange Attracter||Strange Attracter-Single||Animal Kingdom||Buy|
|This gallery only shows the official pictures released for the episode your're looking for. A more complete gallery can be found here. Any future additions should be done there.|
Notes and Trivia
- The title of this episode was revealed by an interview with Joe Lando on March 13, 2012.
- From this episode onward, Gale Harold and Natasha Henstridge are only credited in episodes they appear in, like Ashley Crow has been.
- This is the last appearance of Callum.
- Althought credited at the beginning of the episode, Natasha Henstridge doesn't appear.
- Jane Blake is killed in this episode.
- This episode reveals that Cassie's half sister is Diana Meade. This also proves Charles Meade is not Diana's biological father.
- This episode confirms the birthdays of Jake, Nick, Faye, Cassie, Melissa, Adam and Diana. While Jake was born in October 1992, his younger brother Nick was born in August 1994, and the other members of the Circle were born in 1995. Adam, Faye, Cassie, Diana and Melissa were all born one month apart from January to May.
- Adam's phone number shows up on Diana's phone as (206) 555-0144. The 206 area code covers areas in and around Seattle, WA.
The Secret Circle Episodes
|Pilot · Bound · Loner · Heather · Slither · Wake · Masked · Beneath · Balcoin · Darkness · Fire/Ice · Witness · Medallion · Valentine · Return · Lucky · Curse · Sacrifice · Crystal · Traitor · Prom · Family|