Faye Chamberlain (born February 25, 1995) is an eccentric and free-spirited Witch, she is the daughter of the late Thomas Chamberlain, and Dawn, the granddaughter of the late Henry Chamberlain, the girlfriend of Jake Armstrong, the ex-girlfriend of the late Lee Labeque, the best friend of Melissa Glaser, and a member of The Chance Harbor Circle.
Faye found out about her magic sometime before Cassie moved to Chance Harbor, Washington with the help of Diana and the others. Out of all the Circle members, Faye is the one with the most ambition and is always searching for more power, and when she gets it, uses it recklessly and selfishly. She often challenges authority, especially Diana's, who she thinks doesn't deserve to be the leader of the Circle. She did not want the Circle to be bound initially, until her powers nearly killed someone because of it. However, she's still looking for ways to get her solo magic back. When the Circle was unbound by the destruction of the family Crystals, Faye got her solo magic back and immediately began enjoying it with her best friend, Melissa.
Faye is a member of the Chamberlain Family.
- Cassie: "There's a picture of her in your grandfather's study. Who is she?"
- Faye: "She's ... me."
- — Faye talking to Cassie about a photograph from her childhood.
Faye was born on the 25th of February in 1994, to Dawn Chamberlain and Thomas Chamberlain, who she never met as he died in the Boatyard Fire . Despite her lack of a fatherly figure, she was close to her grandfather, Henry Chamberlain, who saved her from drowning at the age of six at his own Lake House .
In her teens, Faye began a romantic relationship with Jake Armstrong, however, the two broke up. Faye suffered so much heartache from this break up that she was almost put into an asylum. Sometime before Cassie Blake arrived, Faye found out she was a witch and, with the help of Diana who discovered her Book of Shadows, learned about the Circle history.
Nick's death, Jake's return, and Henry's death
- Faye: "You're a one-woman relationship wrecking crew!"
- Cassie: "And you are a bitchy, spoiled little girl who wants to blame me for all of your problems instead of just looking in the mirror."
- — Faye and Cassie argue over Jake.[src]
After the death of Nick, his older brother Jake returned. Faye took the opportunity to hook back up with him, however, she was rejected. Faye continued to try and rekindle her relationship with Jake, but was unable to do so. While at her grandfather's house, Cassie found her grandfather's body under the docks. Faye was heartbroken over his death, but her mother was not upset in slightest.
Lee, Devil's Spirit, and temporary retirement
Faye met a man named Callum, who sent Lee to fetch some Devil's Spirit, which he then told Faye about, even giving some of it to her. She organized a party at her house for Valentine's day, but the party quickly got out of hand when Melissa had an overdose of Devil's Spirit and had a seizure and vomited. While Melissa was at a party at Callum's despite what had happened to her some days ago, Faye discovered that Lee used a totem he had given her on Valentine's Day to syphon her energy. Angry, she faced him, but he admitted his love for her by breaking the totem and saying they would find another way, they then passionately kissed and began dating officially. She later discovered Eva, Lee's ex-girlfriend, had awaken from her coma and was living at Lee's house when she invited him to Casino Night. Lee chose Faye over Eva and the two shared another passionate kiss.
After she noticed Lee was been missing, Faye went to his place to talk to him, but Eva always pushed her away and tried to cover things up. She came again during the night and discovered Eva had powers. Faye guessed that it was the power that Lee had taken from Faye so she told Eva. Eva asked Faye for help, admitting she had unwillingly killed Lee after the Casino Night. Faye tricked her into thinking she could help so she could break the totem. When it was done, Eva lost the power and it was returned to Faye. Faye left, telling Eva she could not revive Lee.
The Quest for the Crystals
After the Circle met Samuel, they learned the Witch-Hunter Eben was willing to release demons to get rid of all witches so they tried to stop him. However, they were too late; while Samuel was keeping them busy, Eben managed to release all the demons and take them into his own body before running away. The Circle, influenced by John Blackwell, agreed to gather the family Crystals in order to fight the witch hunters off, for once and for all. First trying to find one her mother could have hidden after Henry's death, she found out Dawn and John secretly dated. When Royce Armstrong claimed Blackwell wanted children from the former Circle, Faye feared she could be his daughter and tried to unlock her possible dark magic to stop Callum, but she failed. Confronting John about it, he told her Dawn used to be very imaginative and obsessed and told her she was really Tom's daughter.
After Jane's surprising death, Faye and Jake discovered a Crystal in Dawn's purse and brought it to the Abandoned House, where it was stolen by a traitor witch, working with the witch hunters. Along Cassie, Diana and Jake, Faye went to an old carnival to get it back.
During 2012's prom, Faye, along with the rest of the Circle, went to the school to look for the last Crystal. However, after the Circle chased Nick down to a junkyard, she stayed behind John Blackwell to help him, and supposedly sacrificed herself to save him, before she was captured by Eben. While held captive, Faye was tied to a pole inside the hunter's base. After the circle had been unbound, Faye used her solo magic to escape her imprisonment. She ran into Melissa and Jake, who had come to rescue her, but ended up being captured again. The three of them were rescued by her mother, and after the defeat of John Blackwell, she started using her magic for fun again.
Faye has a very complex array of emotions, mostly maintaining her tough, overconfident, and arrogant, girl attitude in front of people and bottling her emotions up inside of her. She is able to maintain a normal attitude even under stressful situations, such as being in a room with a dangerous drug dealer with a knife. Yet, she has a heart and sometimes cannot bear the emotional burden of some events, such as after her break-up with Jake or when she discovered her grandfather was dead or else when the Circle ganged up against her (correctly) accusing her of being reckless, unconscious, dangerous, and mostly bitchy.
According to Adam this isn't the first time she almost killed someone, and the rest of them had to clean it up. At the end of the day, though, she appears to be caring, nice, and loyal towards her Circle, her mother, and others she cares about. She also appears to have inherited traits fom her parents, such as being brave, emotionally strong, and determined.
Like her mother Dawn she is power-hungry, but unlike her mother she will not willingly kill innocent people to get it, she doesn't like being inferior to people, and is jealous of Cassie, because of her dark magic, that allows her to use magic, outside of the circle, she is also rude, selfish, impulsive, never thinks before acting first, never thinks everything through, never thinks of the consequences and is sarcastic, when she temporary had the Circle's magic, she abused it and almost burned down her high school.
Faye is a beautiful girl with olive toned skin, hazel green eyes, and long, dark brown hair which she wears straight. She has fine cheekbones and full lips, which are pale pink. She is tall, standing at 5'7. She was once referred to as "one of the prettiest girls in school" by a jock and even Callum said she had a nice smile. She often wears dark makeup, dark colored clothes, and usually wears a leather jacket, boots, and goth-like dress or skirt.
Powers and Abilities
Main Article: Faye Chamberlain/Relationships
- Faye is derived from Middle English faie meaning "fairy", such as in the popular Arthurian figure of Morgan Le Fay.
- Faye is also the English form of the old French Foy, meaning "faith" (from the Latin 'fides'). Sainte Foy was a French martyr who lived in Agen, in 300 AD.
- Her last name, Chamberlain, is an occupational name for one who looked after the master bedroom, from Norman French cambre "chamber, room".
Notes and Trivia
- Phoebe Tonkin has held various roles of supernatural beings in recent times: as a Mermaid (Cleo Sertori in H2O: Just Add Water) on Nick, Witch (Faye Chamberlain in The Secret Circle) on The CW, and a Hybrid (originally Werewolf ) (Hayley in The Vampire Diaries and The Originals)
- Aside from being a witch, the actress Phoebe Tonkin, who portrays Faye, also played a mermaid in the Television series H2O: Just Add Water. Many references have been made about this role. For example, in Bound Faye mention she didn't want to "save turtles" and ironically her former role Cleo saved a turtle from a net. In Beneath, Faye had a near death experience when she fell into the lake when she was a little girl and Cleo had previously a minor case of aquaphobia. Last, both characters had surprises in their bathtub scenes. Also, in both shows, there is a character named Eva.
- The actress, Phoebe Tonkin, was the first Australian actress to be casted on the Secret Circle and sometimes you can hear her slip up and talk with an Aussie accent.
- Faye has appeared in every episode of the series.
- She makes a remark about Diana practicing her Aussie accent as a reason why Diana isn't with the group at one point during the episode Traitor.
- In Crystal, Royce Armstrong has Faye's birth date listed as February 25, 1995 on his conspiracy wall. Faye's birthday was already known to the fans since Loner, when Faye told the circle her mother's computer password.
- Despite the fact that Faye was highly suspected to be John Blackwell's daughter, it was revealed she was not in Crystal. She was also the first one to mention this mystery child in Lucky.
- Faye often makes jokes or assumptions that end up being true, like when she guessed that John Blackwell was really evil, had another child, or said that the curse on Adam and Cassie's families wasn't real. Ironically, her frenemy Cassie had had the gift of precognition in the novels.
- She is the only circle member whose mother is still alive.
- Faye and her current boyfriend Jake Armstrong are the only two circle members to be seen as young children on the show.
- Faye was originally one of Cassie's enemies.
- Her zodiac sign is Pisces (February 22 to March 21). Pisces's symbol is the fish, its element is water, and its ruling planet is Jupiter/Neptune. Pisces is most compatible with someone who is either Cancer or Scorpio.
- Faye has a complicated relationship with her boyfriend Jake Armstrong.
- In the novels Faye worked best with the element fire.
|This gallery shows four pictures, randomly selected, related to the subject of this article.|
A more complete gallery can be found here. Any future additions should be added there as well.