|The Secret Circle|
|Season 1, Episode 11|
January 12, 2012
FAYE’S QUEST FOR POWER THREATENS THE CIRCLE
Cassie turns to Adam for help when she starts investigating her father's past. Working together also rekindles an old flame and Adam asks Cassie to the Fire and Ice dance. Trying to be a better father, Ethan volunteers to chaperone the dance. Faye asks Lee to help her cast a spell that would give her individual magic, but the spell has some troubling side effects that threaten to destroy the Circle.
It's the morning after Diana and Cassie's sleepover, and after a few argumentative words about Jake and his place in the Circle, the discussion turns to the Fire and Ice dance at the school. The dance is themed, and you can only wear red or white. Cassie and Diana plan on using magic to change Diana's dress red, but the result is one burned dress thanks to Cassie's dark magic tendencies.
Adam talks to his dad, who reminds him about his destiny with Cassie, which Adam is still unsure about. Cassie keeps spotting what she thinks is Jake, but it always turns out to be someone else. Cassie tells Adam that she wants to find out more about her father, so they head to city hall to sneak into their records. They find out John Blackwell's old address which happens to be the abandoned house that the Circle uses. Also, it looks like Faye tore a page out of her family's Book of Shadows.
Meanwhile, Faye confronts Lee about the spell he performed on her which did nothing to help her regain her magic. Lee insists that he can still help her; they just need to tap into Cassie's power. The ritual is set up in one of the school classroom's during the dance. Meanwhile, Cassie talks to Ethan (who is chaperoning the dance) about her father. Ethan warns her off from doing so, saying that her mother wouldn't approve of what she's doing. Cassie counters that her mom doesn't have a say in her life anymore. Ethan does say that John was not responsible for the fire.
The ritual works and Faye absorbs Cassie's power, along with the power of everyone else in the Circle. The intensity of the spell catches the gym on fire, and everyone begins to pass out. Faye demands that Lee tell her how to reverse the spell. The only person not passed out is Cassie who tries to rescue a prone Melissa but loses consciousness from the smoke.
Cassie and Melissa wake up outside, and then the Circle immediately confronts Faye about what she did. Faye turns defensive, saying that Cassie can do whatever she wants withoutrepercussion. Faye storms off and talks to Lee again. She says that she's finished with the Circle, and it looks like she's going to partner up with Lee.
Cassie and Adam are back at the clubhouse and see that there is a symbol in the basement, the same symbol that Lee was using to try to draw out Cassie's magic to transfer it to Faye. Cassie wonders whether her father was trying to get himself free of the dark magic. After some harsh words, Cassie and Adam realize their feelings for each other and kiss. Unfortunately, there's a new arrival at the house. Jake has returned, and he saw Adam and Cassie kissing.
- Diana: "Sometimes spells go wrong. And now I have an excuse to buy a new dress."
- Faye: "His grandpa was some kind of big voodoo king. And he’s cute."
- Melissa: “In a serial killer living in his mom’s basement kind of way.”
- Lee: "Y'know, blondie, emo boy, girl scout." (about Cassie, Adam and Diana)
- Lee: "I guess you can't judge a book by its lip gloss."
- Diana: "We’re witches, dammit, we can get whoever we want, right?"
- Melissa: "You mean with magic?"
- Diana: "No. Because we’re tough … we’re witchy … and we’re dressed kinda slutty."
- Faye: "Are you kidding? Cassie releases a demon that ends up killing Nick, then she brings Jake in the Circle and it turns out he is a witch hunter and she almost chokes Adam to death with her mind yet I'm the evil one. Miss innocent here is full of dark magic, evil magic. How does this bitch get a free pass and I get burned at the stake?"
- Adam: "What if you and I really are meant to be together?"
- Cassie: "I can't think about that."
- Adam: "It's funny 'cause these days, I can't think about anything else.
|Don't Move||Nightlife - EP||Phantogram||Buy|
|Gold On The Ceiling||El Camino||The Black Keys||Buy|
|Just A Little Bit||Fairview||Buy|
|Lessons In Love||Fire & Ice||Kaskade ft. Neon Trees||Buy|
|Rapunzel||The Life of Riley||Drapht||Buy|
|Room For Happiness (Fire)||Fire & Ice||Kaskade ft. Skylar Grey||Buy|
|Room For Happiness (Ice)||Fire & Ice||Kaskade ft. Skylar Grey||Buy|
|Take It Back||Big Step for Dub||Toddla T||Buy|
|You Win Some And Lose Some||Avenue J|
|This gallery only shows the official pictures released for the episode your're looking for. A more complete gallery can be found here. Any future additions should be done there.|
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This is the first episode to break the pattern of one-word titles for an episode.
- The events of this episode take place a week after the episode Darkness.
- Diana quotes Robert Frost's poem called "Fire and Ice". Coincidentally, the dance and episode are named after it.
- It is learned that before Faye and Adam, Melissa and Diana used to be very close friends.
- Ethan mentioned that he hasn't had a drink in two weeks.
- This is the first episode that marks Adam and Cassie's kiss. Ironically, during this scene it shared the same background music and lighting effect as the almost-kiss scene from the Pilot.
- Jake makes his presense officially known by the end of the episode.
The Secret Circle Episodes
|Pilot · Bound · Loner · Heather · Slither · Wake · Masked · Beneath · Balcoin · Darkness · Fire/Ice · Witness · Medallion · Valentine · Return · Lucky · Curse · Sacrifice · Crystal · Traitor · Prom · Family|