|The Secret Circle|
|Season 1, Episode 4|
October 6, 2011
CASSIE RIGHTS A WRONG FROM HER MOTHER’S PAST
Cassie looks up an old friend of her mother’s named Heather Barnes and discovers she has been in a catatonic state since the night of the fire sixteen years ago. Feeling guilty that her mother and her Circle may have had something to do with Heather’s current state, Cassie tells Diana that she wants to use magic to help Heather. Diana refuses to help, but Faye is more than happy to conjure up a spell – for a price.
Cassie discovers that one of her mother's old friends, Heather Barnes, still lives in Chance Harbor, and so she tries to find her in order to get more information on the fire. Heather's brother Wade Barnes leads Cassie and Adam to where Heather sits, motionless for 16 years. Cassie sees that Heather might be under the influence of a binding spell, and she wants to lift the spell to speak with Heather. Diana says that it might be too dangerous. Faye says that she'll help Cassie, but only if Cassie allows her to read her mother's grimoire. Cassie is reluctant, but she agrees.
Nothing seems to happen at first, and Cassie is disappointed. Diana finds out from her mother's grimoire that the spell on Heather was meant to keep evil at bay. Meanwhile, Heather snaps out of the binding spell and wanders over to Cassie's house. Heather is looking for Cassie's mother, saying that "she wanted to protect you". Heather housed a demon, and now Cassie and Faye's spell has set it free.
- Faye: "Your mother must have been one mean-ass witch!"
- Faye: "Hey Cassie! Dreamboat's on the phone, desperate for you"
- Nick: "Some things should be done without magic."
- Faye: "What’s the point of being a damn witch if I can’t do any magic by myself. I might as well become a cheerleader."
- Melissa: "Faye was saying some things and I made the mistake of listening."
- Faye: "Don't be that pathetic girl who thinks 'He will change for me'. They never change."
- Melissa: "Ok, I got it, he's a loser, I'm a loser, feel better?"
- Cassie: "You're going to help me?"
- Faye: "Sure, if you let me read your book. You need my help and to be honest, I never understood why we are not better friends."
- Faye: "Why can’t it be fun, like that movie The Craft. I mean the first half. Not the stuff with the snakes. The part where we put spells on boys, change our hair color, and levitate."
|All Of This||Passive Me Aggressive You||Naked And Famous||Buy|
|Coming Down||Only In Dreams||Dum Dum Girls||Buy|
|Fire In The Night||Feathers|
|I Move It Slow||Taxi Doll|
|No Sacrifice||Black and Blue - EP||Uh Huh Her||Buy|
|Stare Into The Sun||Colours||Graffiti6||Buy|
|This gallery only shows the official pictures released for the episode your're looking for. A more complete gallery can be found here. Any future additions should be done there.|
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode has Kevin Williamson's trademark of naming and centering an eponymous episode around a mysterious female character who ties into the bigger picture of prior events of the series.
- Heather Barnes is the first character to be named in an episode title in her first appearance and also die in the same episode.
- This is the first appearance of demons in the series.
- This episode features Cassie and Faye's longest onscreen time together during an episode.
- Nick and Melissa finally become a real couple in this episode as Nick begins to show his feelings for her.
- Although credited, Gale Harold, Natasha Henstridge and Ashley Crow do not appear in this episode. This is the first episode not to feature any parents or Elders.
The Secret Circle Episodes
|Pilot · Bound · Loner · Heather · Slither · Wake · Masked · Beneath · Balcoin · Darkness · Fire/Ice · Witness · Medallion · Valentine · Return · Lucky · Curse · Sacrifice · Crystal · Traitor · Prom · Family|