|Cause of Death|
Jane Blake was the mother of Amelia Blake and grandmother of Cassie Blake, former member and former leader of the Chance Harbor Circle, and a very powerful Witch. Jane was also an Elder. She was residing in Chance Harbor, Washington.
She welcomed Cassie in her house after Amelia passed away, and tried to help her get used to her new life. Even if she knew Cassie would meet the other members of the Circle, she first wanted to have her staying away from magic. Soon, she got suspicious of Cassie's behaviour, and when Cassie revealed her she knew the truth about her powers, Jane wasn't really surprised. After the arrival of witch-hunters in Chance Harbor, Jane tried to contact a friend of her, Henry Chamberlain, but she was attacked at his house, and began to suffer from amnesia. It was revealed Charles Meade used a Crystal to have her under his control. She then went to a nursing home to get her memory back, and later returned, after Charles freed her of his spell. Trying to kill John Blackwell, it was however her who died from the Witch Cruid, leaving alone a grief-stricken Cassie.
Jane was a member of the Blake Family.
Not much is known about Jane's early life. She was born into the Circle and was free to practice her witchcraft in her youth. She must have got married and then had a daughter, Amelia Blake. It is revealed she wasn't pleased by Amelia and John Blackwell's relationship, to the point she had prepared a Witch Cruid to kill him. When a fire occured sixteen years ago, leaving most of their children dead, Jane and the other parents agreed to strip the survivors of their powers and to banish witchcraft, so that no one would get hurt anymore. After this, Amelia left town with her baby, Cassie, far from Chance Harbor and her mother.
Jane was seen to be a loving mother and grandmother. Since Cassie's arrival, and before she had neurologic issues, she was always there when her granddaughter needed help. If at first, she tried to make Cassie stay away from witchcraft, she soon had to teach her about magic, both time in order to protect her and not to allow what occured sixteen years ago to happen again. She was also very protective, to the point of preparing a Cruid to kill her daughter's boyfriend, whose dark side was threatening her family's safety. After her daughter died, she seemed to regret the behaviour she had toward Amelia, which caused a break between them. But still, she would have avenged Amelia's death if John had been guilty of it.
Powers and Abilities
Jane is the leader of the Elders due to her Blake bloodline. The full extent of her powers are unknow but, being an Elder, she has had decades of experience using magic. It's also good to note, that she was able to practice magic freely, unlike the new Chance Harbor circle, where magic is forbidden. Her knowlegde about witchcraft seem very vauable and she seems to know a lot about demons and dark magic. With the help of a crystal, she was able to stop Abbadon from summoning the rest of the demons from the suitcase.
- Channeling: The act of drawing or summoning other forms of energy, by focusing on the magic of another witch.
- Conjuration: The act of calling, commanding, or summoning an element, object, person, or spirit already in existence.
- Elemental Control: The act of controlling or manipulating the elements of air, earth, fire, water, and weather. Though not proven false or accurate, witches are believed to possess an unique affinity to particular elements which grants them greater mastery and control when performing.
- Spell Casting: The act of changing and controlling events by magical influence. Spells are the most common method exerted by witches to focus their magic. Spells can range from simple commands to a series of words.
- Telekinesis: The act of controlling and manipulating the movements of objects and persons.
- Witches brew: The act of brewing and concocting magical elixirs and potions that contain mystical properties.
Notes and Trivia
- She's the first Elder to appear in the series and the second to be killed, after Henry Chamberlain.
- She is the only main character to be credited only in the episodes she appears in, until Sacrifice, where Charles and Dawn are uncredited too.
- In the novels, Jane was also killed by Black John, John Blackwell's book counterpart. However, she wasn't killed the same way as in the show.
- Jane is the second member of the Blake Family to be killed by Charles Meade, the first being her daughter Amelia. However, this time, Charles didn't kill her on purpose, as he was tricked by John Blackwell.
|This gallery shows four pictures, randomly selected, related to the subject of this article.|
A more complete gallery can be found here. Any future additions should be added there as well.