Spells and Potions:
Some blood is placed into a vial along with other herbs and spices. (Faye notes a hint of cinnamon)
- Note: Potion may cause drunk-like effects.
Changing Colour of Clothing SpellIncantation: Stitch, thread and seam, change from blue to red
Note: Will change the clothing colour to a different colour. With a Witch that has unmastery of dark magic can set clothing ablaze or if angry the place around her.
The Binding Ceremony
Incantation: Fire, earth, metal, air, water and blood. By these elements we bind the circle and follow in the steps of our ancestors who pledged themselves to fight against the forces of darkness. When evil assails us, when fear weakens us, when dissent threatens us, in the circle we will find our power. We come to this place alone, but leave bound as one. With this oath, our journey begins together.
- This Binding Ceremony binds the powers of the witches in a Circle, somewhat concentrating the magic, although each member of the circle is left without being able to use magic by themselves.
- In the episode Bound, The Circle goes to the beach at midnight and Diana performs the Binding Ceremony with a Bonfire.
Notes and Trivia
- The symbol on the cover of the Meade Book of Shadows in known as a triskele. It is Celtic in origin and may represent tripartite concepts such as Life, Death, Rebirth and Land, Sea, and Sky.
- The Meade spell book color is brown. Brown stands for any thing that has to do with nature. This makes reference to Diana's powers of earth and plant life.
- The book is only seen two times in season one.