Melissa Glaser (born May 6, 1995) is a witch and the daughter of Patrick Glaser and the late Sophie Ann, the best friend of Faye Chamberlain, the best friend of Diana Meade, the former girlfriend of the late Nick Armstrong, and also a member of the Chance Harbor Circle.
Melissa is a member of the Glaser Family.
Melissa was born on May 6, 1995. About sixteen years ago, the former members of the Circle began to dabble into the dark arts of magic. Along their journey, an "accident" occurred which left the majority of the previous members dead. The only known survivors were Amelia Blake, Charles Meade, Dawn Chamberlain, Patrick Glaser and Ethan Conant. After the Circle was stripped of their powers, Melissa was later raised by her father and stepmother.
Season OneAfter the arrival of Cassie Blake, both Faye and Melissa discover that with Cassie in their Circle, they are able to cast spells more powerful than they ever could before. The following day, as Faye tries to convince Cassie, Melissa, and Nick into voting against Diana Meade’s plan to bind the Circle, Melissa believes that it would be better if they listened to Diana and later participated in her ritual. Melissa also had an on-and-off relationship with bad-boy Nick Armstrong of whom she was truly in love with. After Cassie and Faye unknowingly released a demon from Heather Barnes, Melissa was later possessed by the spirit of Abaddon, whom had attempted to use her power to free the other demons of his tribe. With the help of Jane Blake, The Secret Circle were successfully able to exorcise the demon and save Melissa. However, after Abaddon was expelled from Melissa's body, the demon had later taken over the body of Nick; which lead to his untimely death. In the wake of Nick's death, Melissa struggles to deal with moving on. However with help and tough love from Faye, Melissa is able to grow into a mature young woman.
The following week, After Melissa attends a Halloween party with her friends, she is later kidnapped and nearly killed by a group of witch hunters. Feeling depressed and still hurt, Melissa's cousin Holden comes into town to cheer Melissa up. During his stay, Diana - whom she had a childhood crush on - starts to flirt with Holden. Protective over her cousin, Melissa tells Diana not to use Holden to get over Adam.
In episode Darkness, Melissa tries to help Faye in her quest for solo magic. So she went to Lee Labeque's house and get protective over her best friend during the vodoo ritual. Later, when Faye discovered that Lee lied to her, Melissa said thatTrying to move on, in episode Fire/ice, Melissa help to prepare the fire/ice dance with Diana and Cassie. She went to the dance with Cassie and Diana. But Faye's ritual affected her and drained her magic first. After being saved by Jake during the fire, she revealed to Diana that Faye was starting to scared her.
In Medallion, Melissa kept her friendship with Faye. She experienced a drug named "Devil's spirit" and met Callum, who felt attracted to her. During the ritual that activated the medallion, she was the first one to feel that something's wrong in their energy, just like the fire/ice dance, according to her.In Valentine, Melissa invited Diana and Cassie in Faye's "against Valentine's Day party". It was revealed that she kept using "devil's spirit" and gave some to Diana. She casts a spell with Faye and Diana to make the pizza boy hot. Later, all girls play with the "ouija board". After Cassie left, Melissa had a bad reaction with the "devil's spirit" and passed out. Faye and Diana helped her, but she accepted only Diana's help.
In Return, Melissa got herself in a lot of problems when she went to Callum's party. She discovered that the voodoo totem which Lee gave to Faye was to extract energy, and not for dark magic. When Callum discovered that she had a lot of power, he tried to confront her to discover if she was witch, but Melissa threatened him and left with Diana and Faye. The three girls joined Adam to rescue Jake and Cassie from Eben and the witch hunters.
In the episode Lucky, Melissa helped Diana to prepare the special "Casino party" at school. When they met the new guy, Grant, Melissa encouraged Diana to date him, but Diana was resistant about that. Later, when Diana, Melissa and Faye were huddled, Melissa gave them some advice and Faye and Diana noticed that she became more perspicacious. During the night, Melissa tried to comfort Faye about Lee's betrayal and then said to give him a second chance. She hung out with them and helped Faye to win for a casino game with magic. Later, she tried to help Jake with his obsession for Cassie.
In the episode Curse, Melissa hung out with Faye and Diana to help Faye's boy trouble. She unlocked Lee's car with both Diana and Faye to find a clue about Lee's desperation, and the three girls were arrested by a cop after they did a spell for opening Diana's blouse. But, they are released thanks to Eva. Later, Melissa helped John Blackwell with the potion to save Jake, and gives him some advice. He told her about her mother and how much she looks like her, supposing that Sophie Ann was a good and also a very creative witch in potion and herbs.
In the episode Sacrifice, Melissa felt sorry for Adam and Cassie about their lost feelings and accepted to help him at the Boathouse with Faye. She tried to attract a hockey player with Adam's help. But later Faye, who wanted to attract the guy too, used magic with Adam to impress him. But, they find out that the hockey player has a girlfriend and Adam punched him. Melissa and Faye comfort him and speak about his heartbroken. Melissa, Faye and Adam met the other members of the circle at the abandon house, but John Blackwell was missing. The circle look for him and find where the demons were trapped. They fight with Samuel, possessed by a demon and they were saved by John Blackwell, so the circle discovered that he always had his dark magic. At the end, the circle find out that they need crystals to defeat the witchhunters.In the episode Crystal, Melissa helps Faye find the crystal of her family, in her house, but they find the diary of Dawn, Faye's mother, and discover that Dawn and John secretly dated. Later the two girls meet the rest of the circle in the Blackwell's house. The circle decided to research their crystals, so Melissa makes a team with Adam and Diana to find her crystal in her grandmother's house. She met up with Callum, who tries to be friends with her, but Jake came up and fought with him, after Callum finds out he's a witch too. When she went to her grandmother's house with Adam, she discover a lot of crystals, and asked Diana some help to find which one is the right crystal. Later, Cassie told them that Callum stole a map to find the Armstrong's crystal, so they try to get it before him. She felt scared in the mine and heard some noise. Adam takes some risks to have the crystal and missed to fall into a hole, but Melissa saves him. When they try to go out, Callum stops them with a gun. He asks Melissa to go with him, but she refuse and gives him the crystal. The rest of the circle came to rescue them and stop Callum. Melissa, Adam and Jake take him out of Chance Harbor and Jake put a spell on him, similar to what Dawn did to Lucy and Zachary.
Despite her relationship with bad-girl Faye, Melissa is a very caring and down-to-earth young woman who cares deeply about her family and friends.
Melissa Glaser is well-known for her beautifully long dark hair, heart-shaped face, and almond-brown eyes.She is considered one of the most beautiful girls at her school.She is rather short ,as she is 5'0,5 tall.
Powers and Abilities
Melissa has displayed competent use of circle magic though the extents of her full potential with solo magic is unknown. Apparently she has a strong affinity for Aerokinesis. She also has a lot of knowledge of the properties and uses of herbs for potions, thanks to Nick's help who taught her what he knew, but it is also possible it is a natural "ability" coming from her mother, as John Blackwell mentioned.
- Channeling: The act of drawing or summoning other forms of energy, by focusing on the magic of another witch.
- Conjuration: The act of calling, commanding, or summoning an element, object, person, or spirit already in existence.
- Elemental Control: The act of controlling or manipulating the elements of air, earth, fire, water, and weather. Though not proven false or accurate, withces are believed to possess an unique affinity to particular elements which grants them greater mastery and control when performing.
- Spell Casting: The act of changing and controlling events by magical influence. Spells are the most common method exerted by witches to focus their magic. Spells can range from simple commands to a series of words.
- Telekinesis: The act of controlling and manipulating the movements of objects and persons.
- Witches Brew: The act of brewing and concocting magical elixirs and potions that contain mystical properties.
- Melissa means "honeybee" in Greek.
- One of the priestesses of Delphi was named Melissa.
- It was the name of a nymph that cared for young Zeus in Greek mythology.
- It also the name of the fairy who helps Rogero escape from the witch Alcina in Ludovico Ariosto's poem 'Orlando Furioso' (1516).
- As an English given name, Melissa has been used since the 18th century.
- Her last name, Glaser, is a varient of the French name, Glaisyer, which means "glass polisher" (as in the English glazer).
Melissa: "Faye was saying something and I made the mistake of listening."
- In Heather
Melissa: "So that's where my mother died. All our mothers. I thought I would feel closer or something, but I don't. I just feel angry."
- In Family
Notes and Trivia
- Melissa's mother is presumed to be a herbologist, and Melissa does have a good sense of how to use herbs and fungi. This characteristic could have been given from Laurel from the books, being she was a herbologist as well.
- In Crystal, Royce Armstrong has Melissa's birthdate listed as May 6, 1995 on his conspiracy wall. This makes her the youngest member of the Circle.
- Melissa is the youngest in the Circle but, ironically, Jessica Parker Kennedy is the oldest cast member out of the actors who play a member of the Circle.
- Melissa was the only female that is a witch to be possessed by a Demon.
- Melissa does not appear in the books but is based on other characters from the books: Melanie, Deborah, Laurel and Suzan.
- Her zodiac sign is Taurus (Apr 21-May 21). Taurus's symbol is the bull, its element is earth, and its ruling planet is Venus.
|This gallery shows four pictures, randomly selected, related to the subject of this article.|
A more complete gallery can be found here. Any future additions should be added there as well.
|Antagonists of Season 1|
|Dawn Chamberlain · Charles Meade · Zachary Larson · Heather Barnes · Abaddon · Melissa Glaser · Nick Armstrong · Simone · Isaac · Ian · Luke · Jake Armstrong · Eben · Nidaros Coven · Lucy Gibbons · Callum · Eva · John Blackwell · Samuel|