Britt Robertson as Cassie Blake
The second season of The Secret Circle was the sequel planned to follow the first season of the show. However, it will not happen, because On May 11, 2012, the CW announced that the series was cancelled because it was too expensive for the network (the CW). it was not picked up by another network or CW because everything was already scheduled.
Although there have been rumors of TSC being picked up by another network (ABC Family, etc), these rumours has been denied.
- A Reformed Dawn - Now that she’d seen what her selfish desire for power nearly costed her daughter, we’d have seen a different side to her. “I can see her being pitted against Charles in a very big way. Dawn really, not by choice, is becoming an elder essentially. She’s seen how close she was to losing the one love of her life, her daughter, and how badly she’d been betrayed by Blackwell, and how easily she was manipulated because of her thirst for power. I think she’ll become much more of an avenging force for good, and I think that will be a huge problem for the kids and what they encounter with these Balcoin kids”, Miller said.
- A Bad Boy Adam - The Circle tasked Adam with disposing of the Crystal Skull because he’s the most trustworthy and incorruptible, and yet, he looked like he was about to call it “My precious” the last time we saw him caressing it. “Adam has been, like Jake said, a Boy Scout earning moral merit badges for a season and it’s gotten him nowhere. At every step, he’s been doing the right thing, and he’s lost everything. And when he did the right thing by going to find Cassie and Diana and help them, he was completely useless. He was thrown around like a rag doll, even with his individual magic and determination, it wasn’t enough to do s against John Blackwell. I feel like Adam’s the skinny kid at the beach who gets sand kicked on him, and is like, "This will never, ever happen again. I’m writing away to the back of a comic to be a muscle man", Miller said. “So oddly, he is the most vulnerable to the Crystal Skull’s seductive dark powers. I think he’s gonna go down a very dark path”.
- A Bad Girl Cassie - The Circle doesn’t fully trust her, she has no parental figure in her life, and Diana just left town to get away from her. Cassie’s also vulnerable to dark magic. “As she’s killing her father and he calls out to her and says, ‘We’re the same’ and it’s not enough to get her to stop, I think it is enough to resonate in her brain. When she’s home alone with nothing else, that’s when that dark magic is the strongest”, Miller said. “She’s always been our touchstone for the balance between dark and light, and I think in killing her own father, even though she had to do it, it takes her to a place just the other side of the balance tip, to the darker side. I’m dying to explore that, where it’s not just will she or won’t she, it’s like, Cassie’s in trouble”.
- A Battling Diana - Cassie will embrace the dark side, but Diana, who left town with Grant, wouldn’t have. “She’ll strive to be better and fight against it harder than ever”, Miller said. “She’ll have to come back. She can’t run from who she is now that she’s been physically and emotionally marked like she has been. It’s gonna be a fun battle between her and Cassie”.
- A Power-Seeking Faye - Popping champagne corks with her solo magic wouldn’t have satisfied Faye for long. “These Balcoin kids coming in will present a very interesting problem for all of them individually. I think Faye in particular will have a big role in how these two groups come together. Her search for her individual power and all the things that she wanted in the beginning of season 1 will come back full force. But because of these Balcoin kids, she’ll be closer to getting it”.
- A Melissa with Bad Timing - ”All she needed to do is find a guy who’s not a douchebag, and it’s not easy, and then there’s Adam, who seems like a good and might be the kind of guy that she should pursue that may be something that’s on her mind”, Miller said. “Unfortunately, she doesn’t yet know like we do that Adam might be taking a dark path and may be becoming the worst bad boy that she’s ever tried to date. And that will be fun to see”.
- A Good Guy Jake - “Where Adam and Cassie seem to be heading toward this dark side, Jake is more like Diana, where he’s gonna become a force to be reckoned with, with these Balcoin kids coming”, Miller said. “Jake’s come to a place in his life where he knows he won’t be manipulated again. Blackwell, the guy who reached out to him and became his father figure, then tried to kill him. I don’t think Jake will ever let himself or any of the others be put in that kind of position again. When Cassie starts going down a very dark road, Jake will be the one who’s desperately trying to get her back. And that will complicate what he has with Faye, obviously”.